Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tah Dah! Here's the Finished Bowl!

The beautiful Baptismal Bowl for Zion Lutheran Church Font is finally done. The deadline is January 11th, so I'm totally excited that I'll be able to deliver the job early. That doesn't happen often! This bowl is 16" in diameter and about 4.5" deep.

This is the front view. I wish there wasn't so much glare!

This view is just a little further up.

This view is on top, looking into the bowl.
The rim actually came out very nicely. It's always a bit of a gamble, even when you do everything right. I'll take a photo tomorrow of the bowl in the font stand in the sanctuary so you can really see it in it's home!

Also, I cut a boat load of dichroic glass today... Here's a little bite to wet your appetite!
This is rainbow, granite, ripple on back- COE 90...YUMMY!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What is that two baptismals this month. That's a lot of lucky little babies. And I love that there is more and more contemporary art glass in those traditionally stained glass venues. Great job...

    ReplyDelete