Sunday, January 29, 2012

At the half way point!

I took a well deserved break from my 150 pound glass project. I've cast 54 of the 10" discs, prepped the molds, and am finally ready to cold work the first batch of 9 that will go first.

I've decided to slump a mix of colors together in case a batch somehow gets ruined, then I won't loose an entire color family and have to do an additional 25 pounds of glass.

The Hendricks' sink is cold worked and looks fantastic. The mold is prepped and ready!

Monday morning will be quite busy, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm off to play in a charity mahjong tournament. This ought to be comical since I haven't played in a few months. Wish me luck!