Friday, January 31, 2014

Best 2 Days Ever!!!

Some days are just great! I consider myself lucky if I have 2 great ones in a row! This week it happened!

Thursday I had my "Metal Clay Girls" here! They came for the Silver Metal Clay with Vintage China workshop. We chose from English Florals, Asian, Graphic Black & White, or Delft china pieces. Then we ground them to our desired shape. Then we made and fired our pieces and then bezel set them into our pendants. Everyone did great and learned new and fun skills.  This can be a challenge because many of the beautiful china shards we chose to use were not flat, so it's harder to work around 3 dimensional pieces pieces. We had a ball! Can't wait for the next class with the metal clay brigade!
My demo pieces and Dee's piece!
Susan's piece in progress

Dee's piece polished and patinated

Caren's Pendant and Earring Set

In process

The next day....TODAY! Again, a perfect day! Today was the Freeform Silk Dying Workshop. We had so much fun! We did Ombre Dying of Silk Burnout scarves, as well as making our own stamps, and using Gutta (resist) and Color Magnet solutions. There were so many techniques in just one day....I'm kind of worn out! ....But in the best way! We had some students who were playing hookey from school, so they are not pictured! Don't want them to get busted!

Don't You love the Tribal Stamped piece?

This burn out scarf is a vibrant purple-ish blue with grey background!

Wonder what I'm gonna get?
Gorgeous!

Checking out the design!
Thanks to all my awesome students for making the last 2 days so wonderful!




No comments:

Post a Comment