Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Timing is Everything!

Somedays things come together, and somedays they don't. Today was a mix of the two. I finally got the glass pieces on their stands. They look great with the light coming through them. I'm glad to have them done. I am supposed to send a piece to a piece to the exhibition at the Art Museum of South Texas for am invitational show. I'm inclined to send this piece, but I think it might be too small to make a good impact. It is 7" x 11" x 1",  It did turn out great though!


Cross Examination - Front View
Cross Examination - Back View

This is a piece of mine that's still in progress. It's inspired by my wonderful Archie who loves me unconditionally. (Archie's a dog. Just in case you didn't know.) Archie is more grown up now, not so puppyish anymore, like this picture. Anyway, his sweetness infiltrates my heart and makes me melt.

I'm debating on how much of the top to take off. And/or if I should add any more painting to the piece. It's two overlaid screen prints with enamels and then hand painted. I'm also debating a stand so light can come through the water and back or framing it. Opinions from the gallery are appreciated.
In the Weeds - Still in Progress

This piece is called "The Script." The text in the door talks about how we're all given a script of the roles we should play and what happens when we choose not to follow that script.
The Script
Today, there was a disconnect with someone over what was written in "my script" vs "their script." I think had we just talked, instead of emailing, the scripts would have come together.  Maybe time will bring it all back where it should be. I guess we all have those misunderstandings on occasion. I'm bummed that if went so off track. Anyway, this piece was finished today and finally put on it's stand. I'm working hard on perspective and proportion in my glass pieces. It can be a challenge to get the sizes right and maintain a sense of depth. This piece is 7" x 11" x 1". Light pours through the piece.

Last, and maybe least.....

Flourish in the Box
This is a piece I did on February 8th. Lisa, Francesca and I actually got about 90 minutes to sit down and play. That almost never happens. We all painted and experimented. I don't know if this is good or junk, but I like the color. The human figure really speaks to me. I can hardly do a piece without one anymore. mostly it was great to just be in the studio experimenting with my pals by my side.

This Mixed Media piece is on Arches watercolor board with Inktense blocks and pencils.  One day I'll attempt this in glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment