Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weekend Update!

It's Wednesday and I'm just now getting to blog about the long Memorial Day weekend!  I accomplished a lot at the studio and at home! YEA!

On Saturday I had a great Introduction to Precious Metal Clay workshop with some wonderful gals!  We had a great time! Here are a couple of the things I made. We did an awesome lentil bead too!
This was from a silicone stamp.
I didn't expect it to look this good.
I really like it. The white topaz
is bezel set using PMC syringe.
Here's the PMC lentil bead.
Beginners are always surprised they can
actually do this! It's pretty easy...and beautiful.
This was a tiny bit of left over clay,
so I made this star from an old rubber
mold I made about 10 years ago!
Those things are good forever.
Here's the piece I am still mucking around with from last weekend's metal etching class.



This weekend, it's back to glass!
We have a great LIQUID GLASS CLASS!
We'll be doing pot melts, screen melts, high fires, and combing!
JOIN US! Saturday and Sunday!

On a totally different note, I'm all set for my 2013 Glass Craft Expo classes in Las Vegas! Patty approved my workshops, so I'm good to go! Next year I'll also be teaching in Dallas, Houston, and Phoenix. I'd love to do more, but don't know how much more I'll be able to do with school. (Got an A in my first class, pfew!)

On Monday I made chocolate soufflĂ© for the family. My Facebook friends helped me out with input on how to avoid screwing it up!  Thanks to Bert and his sister, and to Sharon, it turned out great. It just now occurred to me that I could make that in the kiln.....hmmmmm!
This was actually a kind of easy recipe - BHG!

2 comments:

  1. Love the etched piece. And, the souffle looks yummy! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with the etched pieces - they look really cool. And that chocolate souffle looks pretty yummy - what a cool idea to make them in mugs!

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete